At MonoTx™, cord blood MNCs are undergoing research and preclinical studies for neurological diseases including neonatal Hypoxic-ischemia encephalopathy (HIE), spinal cord injury, stroke and age-related macular degeneration.
Spinal Cord Injury (SCI)
- About 3 million people with chronic SCI
- Two safety and efficacy studies of treating SCI by cord blood MNC, that was sponsored by ChinaSCINet, showed that transplantation of MNCs to chronic complete SCI restored walking, bladder and bowel functions together with the rehabilitation. Mononuclear Therapeutics will initiate the clinical trials for SCI*.
Hypoxic-Ischemia Encephalopathy (HIE)
- 600,000 newborn babies suffer from HIE annually
- Collaboration with the Chinese University of Hong Kong and the Rutgers University, Mononuclear Therapeutics is testing the mononuclear cell in hypoxia ischemia* animal models.
Age-related Macular Degeneration (AMD)
- Leading cause of blindness.
- 200 million people with AMD.
MonoTx™ works closely with the research institutes in Hong Kong and the United States. We are collaborating with the Chinese University of Hong Kong and the Rutgers University on the research projects include cord blood MNC to treat spinal cord injury, HIE and stroke.